Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Purple food

This past weekend I went to one of my favourite food stores-

Had some delicious lunch- pumpkin & dahl casserole, with brown rice, and bought some organic goodies.

Among the goodies, were a few purple potatoes. I'd never even heard of them, they didn't look that purple on the outside, still the thought of purple potato was too intriguing to pass up..
What a shock of intense purple, that greeted me, as I cut them in quarters!
They taste quite similar to regular potatoes though.
I simply steamed them, and tossed them with chopped parsley, sea salt & olive oil.
I also picked up some purple cabbage.
My brow chakra must be screaming for attention, me thinks.. all this purple.. and wasn't there that grade school tagline- liking purple meant you were sexually frustrated?? hmmn

I made Tessa's cabbage on sourdough toast recipe, from twelve.
Her recipe calls for the use of numerous different cabbages, I just stuck with the purple one.
You basically infuse a fry pan of evo with rosemary. Add garlic & chilli. Some water. The cabbage. Cook, cook, cook & serve on sourdough slices.
I don't know how something so simple can taste so damn good, but this is the best thing I have eaten in a long time..

The salad is a staple favourite of mine (seasonal)..
I love the contrast in textures and flavours it provides.
Baby spinach, avocado, walnuts, dried cranberries, and olive oil.

No comments: